Did you receive an Instant Pot for Christmas this year? Here is a recipe to try! Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana: a super comforting and delicious dish perfect for this chilly season. If you are just trying your new toy out, I love my Instant Pot! It makes every recipe easier, so if you don’t have one, now is the time to take the plunge! Buy the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
You can also give this a healthier twist if you want, just skip the heavy cream, make it with half the Italian sausage or use turkey sausage and add some extra spinach and kale.
This soup doesn’t freeze well- it’s creamy and has potatoes (2 freezing no-nos), but it honestly takes so little time to make there’s not need to cook anything in advance.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- ½ Tsp oregano
- 1 Pound Italian sausage, casings removed and roughly crumbled
- 4 Potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 7 Cups broth
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 Cups kale, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add olive oil and onion and cook stirring frequently for 4 minutes.
- Mix in garlic clove and oregano and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add Italian sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. With the help of a spatula crumble it while it’s cooking.
- Add potatoes and broth, close the lid and valve and set on high pressure for 5 minutes. Manually release steam and open the lid.
- Add kale and let it wilt. Incorporate heavy cream and milk and mix. Add salt and pepper before serving.