This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Snacks. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
With a few weeks under their belts, my kids are now in the midst of the routine of the school year. I see on social media that others are just starting their school year, so I’m sure you can hear the sound of moms everywhere rejoicing! I am rejoicing with you! Whether you are the type of mom who enjoys summer break or you always count down the days until school (like me….. I will admit it! No guilt in that!), the schedule and structure of the school year is a nice change after summer.
Packing lunches can be stressful and time consuming. Naturally, I have probably packed more lunches than most. Five kids times five days of the week means I could be packing up to twenty five lunches from home. I almost consider myself a professional. Since I’ve had so much experience with lunch-packing, I thought I would offer a few lunchbox hacks that really work.
- Prevent Apples From Browning. Cut up an apple and place the pieces back together with a rubber band to keep them from browning. This actually works! My preferred method is to soak the apple slices in water with a bit of honey. No more gross brown apples for lunch!
- Fruit Cups in Mason Jars. This was a fun hack I saw on Pinterest, but you never really know if those ideas actually work until you try them. YES, a recycled fruit cup fits perfectly inside the lid of a mason jar! Use this container to hold crackers, cheese and deli meat or yogurt and granola.
- Green smoothies in Frappuccino glasses. Save those store-bought Frappuccino glasses because they are the perfect lunchbox size. Pre-make a green smoothie filled with fresh fruits and veggies and pour them in the recycled glasses and freeze. They will be smoothies by lunch time! Smoothies are a perfect way to sneak those veggies in lunch.
- Try different shapes and colors. The only veggie my kids really like to take in their lunchbox is carrots. Carrots every day can get a little mundane, so switch it up and pack shredded carrots or even purple and yellow carrots! Did you know there is even purple cauliflower?
- Welch’s Fruit Rolls have fruit as the first ingredient and delivers a delicious taste the whole family loves. They have 100% daily value of Vitamin C and 25% daily value of Vitamins A & E. My kids love Welch’s Fruit Snacks, but were even more excited when I brought home these new Welch’s Fruit Rolls.
Not only are Welch’s Fruit Rolls made with real fruit, the colors are from natural sources and they are gluten, peanut and preservative free. (Perfect for those peanut free classrooms!)
Welch’s Fruit Rolls is the snack of choice for my kids in their lunchbox or after they get home from school. Shh… I even throw one or two in my purse for all my chauffeuring to soccer and football practice! The whole family can enjoy this delicious snack on the go!
To find out more and get a great coupon click here.