I have fond memories of eating wafer cookies at my Grandma’s house as a child. I would savor them layer by layer. When Voortman’s asked me to come up with a wafer creation, both the wafer cookies and creating an art project made me feel like a kid again.
I wanted to create a summer-inspired wafer creation and after “gluing,” cutting and smashing wafer cookies, I finished with a pretty cool flower pot complete with wafer dirt! Do you want to make a wafer creation or recipe and have the chance to win $2,500? The details are below!
Inspired by Voortman Wafer Creation Contest – Enter Now!
The wafer creation contest ends June 13th! The contest is open to all residents of the United States (excluding AZ, CO, MD, NE, ND, and PR) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Make or bake a delicious work of art with wafers, and then submit images of your creation online at InspiredbyVoortman.com for a chance to win $2,500!
- Wafers can be split apart or cut into shapes easily. Use a sharp knife to create clean edges and be careful!
- Use a sticky substance to help ‘glue’ your materials together. Our easy icing recipe below is a perfect example!
- If you’re building a wafer structure, test your building techniques and applications on a small sample ﬁrst before applying it to your design.
- If you’re creating different pieces, let them set ﬁrst before attaching them together.
- If you’re creating a wafer recipe, be sure to think about taste appeal and presentation. We want your photo to look good enough to eat!
- After you complete your wafer creation, be sure to take a photo of it as soon as possible. This will ensure that it will keep its shape and texture. Wafers will absorb moisture and may split or soften over time
Voortman cookies have been around since the 1950’s and quickly gained a reputation for unique and exceptionally great tasting cookies. Today, there are eighteen different varieties of Voortman wafer cookies including the strawberry, chocolate, cookies and cream and vanilla that I used in my flower pot creation!
You can find Voortman cookies at Walmart and Target nationwide. To find other retailers near you check out Voortman.com
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Voortman.