- Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood – that means 30 people per minute.
- Nearly 5 million Americans require a blood transfusion every year.
- Nationwide, an average of 41,000 blood donations are needed each and every day to meet the needs of patients undergoing treatment for various accidents and illnesses.
- 1 donation can help save the lives of up to 3 people.
This is why donating blood is so important.
Blood Donation Saves Lives
Blood donation during these summer months is especially crucial because blood donor centers face a shortage. This is the eighth year that Nexcare™ Brand has partnered with the American Red Cross for their Give campaign, aimed at raising awareness about the importance of giving blood, especially during the summer season.
World Blood Donor Day is June 14th!
Take the pledge to show your support for life-saving blood donations. To spread awareness for the cause, the limited-edition Nexcare™ Give Bandages will be handed out for free at participating American Red Cross donation sites around the country leading up to World Blood Donor Day. Reflecting different cultures from around the globe, the bandages are printed with vibrant dance-inspired designs that will inspire your friends and family to support blood donation and act as a unique badge of honor.
What you can do:
- Pledge to support blood donation this year at NexcareGive.com
- Find a local blood center
- Share your blood donation story with others
- Sign up to receive additional bandages by mail
To show how blood donation can make a life-changing difference, I wanted to share a real-life example. You might be familiar with Niki Taylor, a well-known supermodel. She was in a major car accident in 2001 that resulted in critical injuries, and she lost nearly 80% of her blood. Niki needed more than 100 pints of blood in order to survive and had 40 surgeries. She credits her blood transfusions with saving her life, and is involved with the American Red Cross and the Nexcare Give Campaign each year.
Who do you know that has received the gift of blood? Who do you know that has donated blood?
I encourage you all to consider pledging to Give today.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nexcare™ Give.