Totchos are the newest popular food trend and once you’ve had them, you’ll know why. Crispy tater tots are the perfect canvas to put any of your favorite toppings on. Today I’m going to share Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Totchos!!
I am publishing this recipe just in time for Father’s Day. Pancakes or french toast are always special Father’s Day breakfasts for dad, but what he really wants are totchos! You need to make this for the dad or grandpa in your life!
These potato rounds aka tots are tossed in a special spice blend and baked until golden and crispy. Delicious chorizo, cheese, scrambled eggs and AE Hot Jalapeño sour cream dip are a must-have on these tots, but then you can add any of your favorite toppings. Tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and jalapeños are the perfect addition for this recipe.
- (1) 30 oz. bag of potato rounds or tots
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ lb chorizo, cooked
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ⅓ cup AE Hot Jalapeño Sour Cream Dip
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- ¼ cup cilañtro, chopped
- ⅓ cup avocado, diced
- Combine the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Toss the tots in the spices and bake according to package directions.
- Top the baked tots with the chorizo, scrambled eggs and cheese. Bake for 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with AE Hot Jalapeño Sour Cream Dip, chopped tomato, jalapeño and cilantro.
Want to try some of my other tasty AE Dairy recipes? Mini Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes with Blueberries and Honey is a light dessert and Creamy Avocado Pasta with Veggies is the perfect summer side or main dish.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.