Spring weather has finally arrived and planting my garden has been on the list for a few weeks. I don’t know much about gardening, but I can sure grow some great zucchini (although I think anyone can grow zucchini because I’ve heard it is one of the easiest veggies to grow!) Despite not having a green thumb, my family usually has a pretty little garden growing by summertime. This dish is one I can’t wait to make with those fresh veggies from the garden!
Avocado Cream Sauce
An avocado cream sauce might sound decadent to you, but I love to use different ingredients to achieve the effect of rich, heavy cream and cheeses. I used Greek Yogurt in these Mini Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes and I’m using AE Cottage Cheese in this Avocado Cream Sauce!
This AE Cottage Cheese with Sea Salt has become one of my favorite products of this local, family-owned company. Each serving of cottage cheese has at least 12 grams of protein, making this creamy sauce the perfect combination of healthy fats from the avocado and protein from the cottage cheese.
I was able to see the love and care AE Dairy puts into their products and their cottage cheese is made in small batches that take 10 hours from start to finish to create the perfect texture and creaminess.
This Creamy (but Light!) Avocado Pasta with Veggies is a summertime dish I am excited to eat with my fresh garden vegetables. This recipe would be the perfect side dish to a grilled chicken breast or even a light lunch you could take to work.
Have you planted your garden yet?
- 1 16 oz. pkg angel hair pasta
- 2 medium
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup shallots
- 1 large avocado
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup AE Cottage Cheese with Sea Salt
- ¾ cup AE white milk (skim, 2% or whole milk)
- 8 basil leaves
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, cottage cheese, milk, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Mince the garlic, shallot, and slice the zucchini.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, cherry tomatoes and zucchini. Saute for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and zucchini is slightly soft.
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta is done, add it to the pan of veggies. Top with the avocado cream sauce and heat through.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.