GlobeIn has been the most popular fair trade monthly subscription box that I’ve shared. I am so glad that others are subscribing and supporting products that are guaranteed to be made with purpose.
What do I mean “made with purpose?”
Social good and/or fair trade products are made with both the consumer and the creator in mind. These products are often handcrafted, made with quality ingredients rather than produced in a sweatshop made cheaply by forced labor. The artisans that handcraft all of these products often times are using their traditional methods and native resources while being introduced to the global marketplace.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a small percentage.
Everything that’s included in the Bathe box:
- Pestemal Bath Towel made in Denizli Turkey. A traditional accessory to a Turkish bath, this 100% cotton towel absorbs water father than a regular towel, dries quickly, and folds up small. Atlas is a growing organization of weaving families in the town of Buldan whose members earn a living through sharing their ancient craft.
- Lemongrass Citrus Black Soap made in Togo, West Africa. I’ve written about Alaffia before; How they were created to help West African communities become sustainable using their local resources. A successful fair trade company in a poor country has a tremendous trickle effect: women are empowered, they can send their children to school, have access to medical care and other opportunities that can affect generations. This soap is made from a centuries old recipe of handcrafted shea butter and West African palm kernel oil.
- Shea & Red Palm Body Lotion made in Togo, West Africa. This lotion, also handcrafted by Alaffia is completely unrefined, which means the oil retains all of its natural vitamins and antioxidants.
- Hand Towel made in Izmir, Turkey. Turkish artisan, Oktak Esgin was determined to bring more employment to his hometown. He now employs 45 members of his community. This soft cotton hand towel is finely woven using traditional craftmanship.
- Silk Face Scrub made in Bursa, Turkey. Turkish artisan Emre Uston creates the most delicate of skin care products using a traditional hand loom to weave raw silk. This antibacterial facial mitt gently purifies your face and neck! After a hot shower, run in gentle circles over your whole face.
- The GlobeIn Palm Leaf basket is made in Mexico and comes with all artisan boxes! These are perfect to give gifts in!
Subscribe to GlobeIn today and receive 25% off your first month’s box with a purchase of 3- and 6-month subscriptions with code: BUSYMOMMY