We have the first snow of the year in the forecast and it’s much anticipated because two of my children have never seen snow. I remember two years ago when my oldest two children were newly home, we celebrated the first snow day off from school with ice cream. That was a crazy idea, but it sure was memorable! I wanted to come up with everything you need for the ultimate snow day that your kids will remember.
10 Things To Make The Best Snow Day Ever
Sponsored by Jack’s Pizza
- Hot Chocolate – You can’t have a snow day without hot chocolate (extra marshmallows)! I remember always requesting hot chocolate after a snow day spent outside in the snow.
- Warm cookies – You have to have a treat with all of that fun, don’t you? Warm cookies straight out of the oven are the best. You can pre-make cookie dough and freeze in balls to prepare for a snow day.
- Pizza! – I always have pizza on hand for days like this. You can focus on the fun and have lunch on the table in just 12 minutes. Jack’s pizza is made with 100 percent real Wisconsin cheese and a preservative-free crust!
- Favorite movies – I vote for the classics! Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid are my faves.
- Cozy slippers – Pajamas and slippers are a must!
- Snowball launchers – Why didn’t we have snowball launchers when I was a kid? That would have made neighborhood snowball fights much more fun.
- Snow Paint – You can make your own snow paint! This would be fun to decorate the snow fort you build.
- Snow Ice Cream – When I was younger I would make slushies with snow and soda, but you can make actual snow ice cream!
- Blanket and pillow fort – My kids love making forts in our living room. Fill the fort with warm blankets and stuffed animals and watch your favorite movies!
- Adult coloring books – Adult coloring books have become really popular, but kids love them too! These meticulous drawing pages will give your kids some creative fun for the day.
#RealCheeseRealLifeTwitter Party Information
What: There’s football practice, homework, piano lessons and more! For a mom, sometimes simply getting dinner on the table equals success!
We’re teaming up with Jack’s Pizza for this Twitter party to share an easy way moms can win the day. Made with Midwestern pride – and 100% real Wisconsin cheese – Jack’s Pizza is a quick and easy dinnertime solution that the whole family loves.
When: Wednesday, November 11 at 1 p.m. CT
Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #RealCheeseRealLife hashtag to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this Vite: http://vite.io/themotherhoodchats
Prizes: We will be giving away four prizes to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 Visa gift card. Prizes limited to U.S. participants only. See official rules.
Hosts: @TheMotherhood, @TMChatHost, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann