I love frozen fruit cups. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I keep some stocked in the freezer (although without alcohol).
We have a few pool parties on the schedule for summer and it got me thinking how delicious these frozen fruit cups would be spiked. There’s nothing better than sitting by the pool on vacation on a hot summer day with a frozen margarita or drink!
You can use any of your favorite fruits. I used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple and mandarin oranges. Prep is so simple for these, just throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and ladle into your cups. I used about 10 oz. of rum, but if you’d like, you can wait to add the rum until all of the ingredients are in the cups and then measure out exactly how much rum you’d like in each cup. Just make sure you give each cup a good stir before freezing.
The easiest way to freeze these is flat on a cookie sheet and place saran wrap over the top.
Freeze these overnight until you are ready to serve them. They start melting and turning slushy pretty quick, so you don’t need to set them out to thaw before serving.
Have some fun and try different fruits, alcohols and lemonades or juices. The possibilities are endless! You can of course make these alcohol-free, but everyone needs kid-free nights once in awhile, right?
- 4 cups of your favorite fruit, diced
- 10 oz. rum
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- (1) 20 oz. bottle of Sprite
- 12 oz. container frozen pink lemonade
- chopped fresh mint to taste
- Chop four cups of your favorite fruit and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the frozen pink lemonade (thawed), rum, lime juice, Sprite and mint.
- Ladle the fruit mixture into 9 oz. cups and freeze overnight