I try to eat healthy, but I also practice moderation when I eat some of my favorite not-so-healthy foods. As a busy mom, it seems that convenience foods are what I appreciate the most. Convenience foods aren’t always synonymous with unhealthy, though. Here are a few of my favorite, quick and healthy snacks.
- A banana with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a drizzle of honey and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Super skinny spinach and artichoke dip. I make a batch of this and keep it in the fridge the rest of the week to eat with fresh veggies.
- Cottage cheese with a few grape tomatoes, half of an avocado and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Popped Amaranth protein balls. If you’ve never heard of this cool superfood, check it out!
- Flavored water! This water with fresh mint, lemon, ginger and cucumber always tastes great and gets me drinking more glasses of water each day.
- Homemade Chia Drinks. Yes, you can make chia drinks at home!
- Overnight Oats. Mix all of the ingredients together, put it in the fridge and you’ve got breakfast or a snack the next morning!
- Nourish Snacks These are delicious and convenient snacks that are easy to fit in your purse when you are on the go or when you need a filling snack. Each unique snack combination is made with simple, wholesome ingredients you can trust. There are no GMO’s, preservatives, no artificial colors or sweeteners and they are naturally gluten free!
These flavor combinations are out of this world and are all under 200 calories! They even were featured on Kathy Lee and Hoda’s favorite things of 2014!
Monkey Love: Chocolate banana granola bites
Berry’d treasure: Blueberry apple granola bites
Coconut Chewphoria: chewy coconut almond bar
Mr. Popular: Half-popped corn kernels
Cocoa loco: Dark chocolate chia oat clusters
Granny’s Apple Pie: Cinnamon spiced apples and walnuts
Holy Habañero: habanero-spiced roasted corn
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nourish Snacks. Eat Happy!