Ever since I posted about Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal and Iced Coffee Overnight Oats, I’ve been trying to come up with a variation just as tasty. After failed attempts with peanut butter and Nutella, I put the new recipe on the back burner. The beautiful fall weather and all of the delicious looking pumpkin recipes floating around the internet finally inspired this new recipe. The great thing about overnight fridge oatmeal is that it involves no cooking and is perfect for entertaining a crowd for breakfast- or even just an easy kid breakfast before school!
This Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal is decadent, my friends, and even though it has oats and vitamin-rich pumpkin, I very much consider this comfort food. Enjoy! (especially on a chilly fall day with a hot cup of coffee!)
Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Sugar Pecans
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbls butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cinnamon sugared pecans
cinnamon, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and/or brown sugar for topping
- Mix oats, pumpkin, milk and cinnamon in a medium tupperware container.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on medium heat until melted into a sauce.
- Combine the brown sugar mixture into the oats mixture, cover and leave overnight in the fridge.
- You can make your cinnamon sugared pecans ahead of time or right before serving.
- You can serve the oatmeal cold or warm it up in the microwave (warm is best!). I like to pour a little bit more milk in each bowl before heating. Top with your preferred toppings and the cinnamon and sugar pecans.