Trying to think of something new to make with Crescent rolls is hard. There are your traditional pot pies and covered casseroles… and everything under the sun can be wrapped in crescents.
I tried to come up with something that would be a quick, decadent Valentine’s Day treat and boy are these little sandwich cookies sure decadent. I didn’t know if the Crescent rolls would work in this instance, but the buttery flaky crust pairs well with a thin layer of frosting (Don’t get too heavy-handed or you’ll get a sugar high!)
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Pillsbury Crescent Valentine’s Sandwich Cookies
- 1 container of Pillsbury No Seam Dough Sheet
- Mixture of 2 Tbsp Sugar and 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk (add more if needed)
- food coloring (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Roll out your Pillsbury no-seam dough sheets and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter (about 1-2 inches) cut approximately 30 hearts in the Pillsbury dough and place on a baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes or until golden brown.
4. While cookies are cooling, mix your frosting. Place 1/2 stick of butter in a mixing bowl with your remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Add additional Tbsp milk until you reach your desired consistency.
5. Place your frosting in a gallon Ziploc baggie and snip off a small piece of the corner with scissors to create a piping bag. Pipe a thin layer of frosting on one cookie and add a second cookie to create a “sandwich”. Add sprinkles if desired!
Vote for my Creative Crescent Recipe and you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 grocery gift card!
Find more quick and easy Pillsbury recipes at www.CreativeCrescents.com.