Fall seems like the busiest time of year for us. The kids have a new year of school, there’s homework, play practice, soccer practice and now we’re starting basketball season. Once in awhile one child will have a practice that will make them miss dinner, so I usually have quick meals that they can eat on the go. I came up with ten ideas that will make life a little easier on those stressful days when everyone has something going on!
10 Quick Meals For Families On The Go
- Soup! Pour warm soup into a mason jar or thermos and you’ve got yourself a portable, warm meal. This is perfect for the winter months!
- Pace® and Prego® Ready Meals. is all it takes to go from your pantry to your plate. Whether you’re in the mood for classic Italian taste of Prego or the signature southwest flavors of Pace you can have a fast, easy and delicious satisfying meal in ju
st 60 seconds. Simply tear, heat, and eat! You can even eat straight from the pouch. How convenient is that?!
- Overnight oats. You can make individual oatmeals in the evening and they will be ready for a grab and go breakfast in the morning! This overnight fridge berry oatmeal is my favorite.
- Salad! Pre-make your salads for the week. You can store them in plastic containers or try these 18 Mason Jar Salads!
- Homemade lunchables. My kids absolutely love when I put these in their lunchbox. You can pre-make these for when you know you’re going to have a busy night!
- Breakfast sandwiches. Sandwiches are an easy, on the go food. Did you know you can make breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and freeze? Pop them in the microwave for a few minutes and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal in no time. All you need are English Muffins, eggs, cheese and bacon!
- Homemade calzones. Fill homemade dough with your favorite pizza toppings or ham and cheese. Bake them before you freeze them. To unthaw, microwave for a few minutes and voila!
- Sandwiches. It doesn’t have to be a plain turkey and cheese, liven it up with some fresh greens and yummy spreads! Make sandwiches ahead of time and wrap them in saran wrap and you’re ready to go!
- Smoothies. Smoothies aren’t necessarily a meal, but they are delicious and nutritious snacks. Make smoothie packs with frozen fruit and yogurt cubes and they are proportioned for the blender.
- Burritos. Burritos are very freezer friendly. Place the cooked burritos in the freezer and when you are ready, warm them up in the microwave!
Do you have any meal ideas on the go? Be sure to try the new line of delicious microwaveable meals from Pace® and Prego® Ready Meals! Check out all of Campbell’s new products and use these delicious Campbell’s recipes for quick and easy meal ideas!