This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TruMoo Milk . All opinions are 100% mine.
We should at least be starting to see little glimpses of Spring, but mother nature has other plans. This is one of the coldest winters we’ve had! The kids and I are getting a bit of cabin fever because the last thing three seven year olds want to do is stay inside all day. This S’more Chocolate Pudding is a fun and easy food activity that you can do with the kids on a day they are stuck in the house. They can actually make chocolate pudding in the microwave in FIVE minutes! My kids love watching the milk turn thicker and thicker with each time in the microwave- it’s almost like a food experiment! Getting kids in the kitchen at this age is such a good learning tool because they can read the recipe, gather the ingredients and mix them together with just a little guidance. Cooking is a great way to work on reading and math (and not to mention good bonding time).
Here are five, fun food activities that will be sure to help that cabin fever go away!
- Make rock candy. This rock candy experiment takes several days, so this would be perfect for when the kids have a few snow days and nothing to do.
- Ice Cream in a Bag. You can try the limited edition TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow in place of the half-and-half!
- Homemade butter. I wonder what Chocolate Marshmallow butter would taste like?!
- Make your own marshmallows! It’s a cold day, so why not make your own marshmallows! You could put them on top of a hot cup of TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow!
- And of course, make your own pudding! The recipe for S’more Chocolate pudding is below.
Have you seen the limited edition TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk in stores? Not every debate with your kids has to be hard. Like TruMoo- it’s delicious and nutritious so everyone wins. TruMoo has no artificial growth hormones, no high fructose corn syrup and is fresh from your trusted dairy. I used the new, delicious TruMoo for this S’more Chocolate Pudding. For product information and availability, visit TruMoo online.
5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbls cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow until combined and smooth.
- Microwave, uncovered about 3 minutes. Stir. Microwave 1 minute more. Stir. Microwave 1 last minute! Stir.
- Enjoy right away or keep in containers in the fridge for a quick snack.
For more delicious recipes you can make with your kids on a day you are feeling a little cabin fever (or just want something delicious to eat) you can Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest or Join the TruMoo community on Facebook!