Easy Sweet Cream Biscuits
I enjoy eating AE yogurt straight from the container for breakfast or as a snack, but I love using yogurt in recipes even more. Yogurt is more versatile than people realize. It can be used in sweet or savory foods and is another alternative to cream or butter. In these Sweet Cream Biscuits there is NO butter! Can you believe it?
AE Dairy has a new line of Whole Milk yogurts! The Almond Sweet Cream Yogurt used in this recipe is full of high-quality protein and vitamins, minerals and probiotics. This new yogurt line was conceived because shoppers are now opting for full fat products and nutrition experts agree that full-fat dairy products may offer surprising health benefits!
AE Dairy has discontinued their Greek Yogurt line, but give the new Whole Milk Yogurt a try! It has the same creaminess as Greek Yogurt, but slightly less tangy. There are seven delicious flavors to choose from: Almond Sweet Cream, Banana Custard, Boysenberry, Cocoa Hazlenut, Raspberry, Strawberry and Sweet Cream.
I am all about easy recipes! These Sweet Cream Biscuits have only 6 ingredients and are done in less than 30 minutes. Simply mix the ingredients together (you may need to get dirty and use your hands a little!), roll out the dough, cut out the biscuits and bake!
Try my other recipes using AE Dairy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- (2) 5.3 oz AE Dairy Sweet Cream or Almond Sweet Cream Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1 Tbls Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in the yogurt and stir to combine.
- Use your hands and fold the dough until a ball can be formed. Do not overwork.
- Roll the dough out to ½-1 inch thick.
- Using a cup or a biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits (makes about 10)
- Place the biscuits (touching) on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over each biscuit
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.