Breakfast can be mundane if you are stuck in a rut eating the same thing each morning. I admit I eat mostly grab-and-go breakfasts and don’t take the time to sit down and enjoy a full meal. These breakfast tarts are simple to make and can still be a grab-and-go breakfast option in the morning. The combination of yogurt, fruit and granola is a classic and healthy breakfast choice (this is my favorite snack too!), but the granola breakfast tarts make the combination a little more fun. Before you go thinking these are too fancy for your quick breakfasts, I want to assure you these are extremely easy to make and you probably already have most of the ingredients!
Fruit, Yogurt and Granola Breakfast Tarts
All you need for the granola tarts are rolled oats, almonds, toasted coconut, melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla. For the blended rolled oats, I placed 1/2 cup of regular rolled oats in my blender and pulsed until it reached almost a flour consistency. I used toasted coconut chips, but if you have regular shredded coconut on hand you can try that too!
All you do is combine all of the ingredients and put them in small tart pans. I used about 3.5 inch tart pans. You could use any size, but you might just have more or less tarts than our recipe calls for. You could also use a regular or mini muffin tin. Bake the granola for 15 minutes and let cool and you are ready to fill them with yogurt.
I keep a variety of flavors of yogurt in my fridge because of its versatility in recipes. You can eat it straight out of the container for breakfast, add it to smoothies and even cook with it!
AE Dairy has more than 50 different yogurt flavors so you now have no excuse for boring breakfasts with so many different choices! Their 6 oz. lowfat yogurt provides high quality protein to keep you energized and full along with calcium, vitamin D, magnesium and potassium. For all of you pumpkin lovers, look for pumpkin cheesecake soon! I chose this delicious AE Greek Yogurt in Café au Lait flavor because why not have your breakfast and coffee all in one?!
Let me know what fruit and yogurt combination you try in your granola tarts. For more breakfast ideas try these delicious recipes from AE Dairy.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup toasted coconut chips
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- AE Café au Lait Greek Yogurt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place ½ cup of the rolled oats in a blender or food processer and pulse until almost a flour consistency and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the almonds and coconut chips to the blender or food processer and pulse until roughly chopped. Add those to the bowl with the blended rolled oats.
- Add the 1½ cups regular rolled oats to the same bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla to the granola mixture and mix with your hands until combined.
- Spray 6 tart shells or a muffin tin with non-stick spray and divide the granola mixture into each tart pan. Press down the bottom and sides with a greased spoon. (Make sure you grease the sides of the tart pans well).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Remove the tarts from the pans and fill with yogurt and top with fruit.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.