Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Hershey. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey or Momtrends.
My husband’s favorite candy is Reese’s so I asked him what I should make with Reese’s for something special this Valentine’s Day. He didn’t hesitate when he said, “ICE CREAM CAKE!” It’s one of his favorite desserts in the summer or winter- basically year round. This is a variation of the ice cream cake I usually make, but with extra chocolate and extra special touches for Valentine’s Day.
First you start with a bag of these awesome Reese’s Conversation hearts.
It’s too bad we are crushing up half of them for the ice cream cake because they have special messages, but we are saving half of the Reese’s conversation hearts for the top of the ice cream cake. One reason this is a double chocolate ice cream cake is because we are adding about 25 Hershey’s Kisses to be crushed up with the Reese’s.
Each layer of cake we add more deliciousness. The first layer is plain vanilla ice cream. The second layer is the Reese’s Conversation cups and Hershey’s Kisses Conversation candies we crushed. The third layer is a whole jar of Hershey’s fudge. The fourth layer is more chocolate! This time layer a container of chocolate ice cream. The final layer is a container of whipped topping. You can drizzle a little bit of Hershey’s syrup on top if you want to be extra fancy.
The decorations for the top of the ice cream cake are what makes it extra special and perfect for Valentine’s Day to share #HSYMessageoflove with those you love! These Reese’s Conversation cups and Hershey’s Kisses Conversation candies (available exclusively at Target) have special messages on the chocolate or the packaging.
For more information, including recipes, visit CelebrateWithHersheys.com.
- (1) 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream
- (1) 1.5 quart chocolate ice cream
- (1) 14.8 oz Reese's Conversation cups
- 25 Hershey's Kisses Conversation candies
- (1) 12.8 oz. jar of Hershey's fudge topping
- (1) 16 oz container of whipped topping
- Optional: sprinkles
- Set aside about 5 Reese's Conversation cups
- Unwrap the rest of the Reese's Conversation cups and 25 Hershey's kisses. Pulse in a blender or food processor several times.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer the vanilla ice cream
- Add the crushed Reese's and Hershey's kisses on the vanilla ice cream
- Heat the Hershey's fudge for 30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle on top of the the crushed candy.
- Layer the chocolate ice cream.
- Layer the whipped topping.
- Top with Reese's Conversation Cups and sprinkles.