Spring has sprung and I have waited a very long winter to fire up that grill! These Honey BBQ Bacon, Chicken and Sweet Potato Packets were the first thing on the grilling agenda.
Maybe you can relate, but because of picky eaters, there usually isn’t one meal that everyone in my house likes. This might have been a first. Everyone loved these Honey BBQ Chicken packets (and even the sweet potatoes)! So, in honor of the 35th anniversary of KC Masterpiece®, try this delish limited edition anniversary sauce!
These packets are so simple and easy to throw together in a pinch. Layer the sweet potato, rosemary, chicken breast, bacon, and sauce and you’re done!
Honey BBQ Bacon, Chicken and Sweet Potato Packets
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices of bacon
1 cup KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 large sweet potatoes, diced
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay out (4) 12×12 square of aluminum foil. (I usually like to double these to make sure they are sturdy- or buy the heavy duty kind).
- In each aluminum foil square, divide the diced sweet potatoes and top with fresh rosemary. Place one chicken breast on each square and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix the KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce and honey. Pour the sauce over each chicken breast. (I usually add 1-2 Tbls. water to prevent burning).
- Close each aluminum foil square around the chicken to create a “packet.”
- Grill for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
** You can also bake this in the oven instead of grill. Layer all of the ingredients in a 9×13 pan and top with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes and the open each foil packet and broil until bacon is crisp.**
KC Masterpiece® is a household name and it all started in Kansas City in 1978 where it won “Best Sauce,” at the American Royal Barbecue sauce competition. In honor of the 35th anniversary of KC Masterpiece®, the makers of the sauce have come up with this limited edition anniversary sauce. To try more delicious recipes check out the KC Masterpiece® website and like them on Facebook.
KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce has been delivering authentic barbecue taste and creating culinary masterpieces for 35 years. For more recipe ideas, tips and tricks visit www.KCMasterpiece.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.