Off To Ghana She Goes!

My younger sister left for Ghana today where she will be helping at the orphanage we have come to love. Not only will she be a house mother to 40+ kids, she will be able to spend time with our future brother. We heard from a previous volunteer that “P” has been praying for a family for a long time and doesn’t think God will grant his request. The older boys often see families come for the younger children, so I can only imagine how that makes them feel when no one comes for them. He doesn’t know about his adoption just yet, but Meagan is bringing his family book and will be able to tell him sometime while she’s there. We all have been eager to share this with him to ease his mind and prove YES God has been listening!

IMG_5106ab

Both my Mother and I are living vicariously through Meagan (especially since my Mom hasn’t gotten to meet “P” yet) so we have threatened her that she must update us all the time! I’m sure I will share some of her experiences on the blog.

IMG_5097ab

After 18+ hours of flying time she will arrive in Ghana tomorrow afternoon. A wonderful missionary family The Beebes will be picking her up. I can imagine her now walking into the gates of GMI and the little kids running up to her “Mommy, Mommy!” like they did to us when we visited. She will absolutely love it there and we might have some trouble making her come home!

IMG_5095ab

Still the waiting game on our adoption front. Every day I’m thinking there could be an I600 approval email in my inbox but it never comes. Hopefully it will come next week! Send some prayers our way!

IMG_5111ab

Get the latest delicious goodness straight to your inbox!

Comments

1. says

How wonderful that she’s going to get to spend so much time with “P”! What an amazing experience she’ll have. My daughter went to India a couple of years ago and was a missionary at an orphanage for almost a month and she loved it! I know God has put it on her heart to be involved like that with a career! Can’t wait to hear how the adoption goes!

2. Emily says

@Trisha It’s kind of crazy how it’s been a waterfall effect. It was definitely God’s plan for us to take the leap to adopt. There are so many other things going on now that all of our family would have never done!

3. says

What a wonderful thing she is doing! It sounds like you come from a really great family, that both of you do so much good!

4. says

Prayers for your sister! I hope you can share some of her stories. I saw your send off picture on Facebook the other day. It is a great picture!

5. says

Its been really neat seeing how your decision to adopt has changed so many lives and inspired those around you!

trisha

6. says

Praying your adoptions go through very soon! I visited your other post showing the bunk beds. How creative! They will love that room when they finally come home. How exciting for your sister to be able to go. I know the children will be blessed from her ministry just as she be too!

7. Emily says

@ Andrea: Thanks Andrea! I will definitely share updates! I’m already im-patiently waiting for them :)

8. says

You have a beautiful and kind family Emily. What a blessing that your sister is able to be a house mom to those children. She will be in their hearts forever. I hope you’ll post updates on her from time to time. I’m excited for her! What an experience!