Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal

This, my friends, is one of the easiest recipes that tastes out of this world. Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal is perfect for breakfast or a snack and you can customize it to suit your tastes. I consider this pretty healthy, so I don’t feel guilty eating something that tastes so decadent. Using frozen berries is important because as they melt overnight, they create a wonderful juice that you just can’t get with fresh berries.

So when you’re rushing to get the kids ready for school or you’re late for work- breakfast is already waiting for you in the fridge!

Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (I prefer vanilla, but you could use any flavor)
1-2 cups frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup apple juice (apple juice is more subtle, but you can use any juice you like)

Optional mix-ins: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 Tbls. ground flaxseed.

Mix all ingredients in medium sized tupperware container with lid. Keep in the fridge overnight. Top oatmeal with a drizzle of honey, cinnamon, granola, roasted nuts, or coconut. Serve cold.

If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear your variations!

Get the latest delicious goodness straight to your inbox!

Comments

1. Dawner says

I started usuing your recipe and have done some things different depending on what I have in the house. I have used 4 packets of brown sugar and maple instant oatmeal, it works great. I have added maple syrup and brown sugar to the original recipe and that is really the best way I like it. I have had bariatric surgery and my dietician says this is a good snack for those us…thanks I love the stuff.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TAC says

Uncooked oatmeal is GREAT for you! It helps ‘scrub’ the bad stuff!

I also have tried Tosca Reno’s ‘baked’ oatmeal and it’s fabulous! I usually make it on Sunday’s and it last me most of the workweek:
    2 cups old fashioned oats
    2 cups of milk (I use Almond Milk)
    1 large apple – grated
    dried cranberries (use any type of fruit you wish – I use a handful)
    slivered almonds (I use a handful)
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tbls real maple syrup (I use agave)
    mix all together, place in greased (use spray) casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
    You can serve at once or cool and place in refrigerator. Scoop what you wish to eat in the morning, add more milk or milk substitute and heat in microwave, top with fresh fruit. YUM!

3. Jeanne Cramer says

Can you use Steel Cut oats instead? They take 20 minute so cook in the morning and it
    would be great if I could do them ahead of time.

4. says

This is *such a lovely breakfast or lunch! I used Almond Milk instead of apple juice and added a little bit of freshly grated nutmeg. It is utterly delicious! Thank you so much for such a healthy and delicious oatmeal!

5. leanna says

could this work with quick cook oats, and if so, do you have suggestions on how to go about doing that?

6. Korin says

Wonderful recipe! I added vanilla whey protein powder, “green machine” Naked juice (instead of the apple), and walnuts!

7. Elizabeth says

Tried it with instant Quaker’s maple & brown sugar, and plain greek yogurt. SO GOOD!! awesome idea. thank you!!!

8. Holly says

Made this last night & just ate a bowl-amazing! Tastes great, very filling, & healthy!!!!!!!

9. Claire says

This looks amazing and so easy! My daughter loves pink food, so we will definitely put this on the menu this week. Thanks!

10. Steffany says

@ Emily:
    Thanks !! I can’t wait to try it (: I love oatmeal & steel cut oats, and have made it so many different ways, but never refrigerated or cold (: I can’t believe I just found your blog now, there are so many tasty looking recipes I am excited to make !!

11. Steffany says

How many servings does it make ? Should I double it to make it for my boyfriend & myself ? (:

12. Michael Fahey says

Made this tonight. Did not have vanilla yogurt, so I used peach instead. Snuck a taste a few minutes ago and it’s sooooo good!

13. Antje says

I made this two days ago, but with milk (didn’t have any juice), and topped it with almonds. So good! Today I’ll be making it, but instead of the raspberries I used the last time, I’ll use canned blueberries :>

14. Mel Jones says

Just made this and it was DELICIOUS! I used milk instead of apple juice because we don’t drink juice! But wow, was it good! We topped it with shredded coconut and enjoyed it for an uplifting sunday morning breakfast. YUM! Definitely will be making this again.

15. Lauren says

I made something similair to this and it was delicious. It had chopped up apples and cinnamon with honey. I think you will either like it or hate it. My boyfriend couldn’t get past the idea that it was cold….

16. Jessica bugg says

I used strawberry banana yogurt instead of vanilla. I tasted it right after I made it thought it tasted good. So I can only imagine how good it will be in the morning.

17. Emily says

I’m loving all of these variations! The milk in place of yogurt sounds delish and with peanut butter?! Yum!

18. Christine says

I use milk instead of juice. And when I have an “almost empty” jar of peanut butter, I make it in there. It is SO GOOD in a peanut butter jar! I eat this as a treat, typically on a friday as a reward for getting through the work week.

19. Bunny says

I made mine with buttermilk instead of joghurt, to keep it low fat and added a tiny bit of maple syrup. Delish!

20. Emily says

@ Rachel @ Following In My Shoes: I’m sure any liquid would work. Play around with it and let me know how it turns out!

21. says

My son would LOVE, love, love this. I may have to play around with a lactose-free version for him since he can’t handle cow’s milk.

Is the juice necessary? We rarely drink juice of any kind here….would another liquid work?

22. Jonathan Mitchell says

I have had a variation of this every morning for the past year, I found it when I was in Switzerland at a the rowing world cup. There it is called bircher museli…I have raisins, sultana’s, dates and prunes with my oats, a dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract, soaked over night in apple juice makes the dried fruit really puffy then add yog over the top in the morning, if I’m feeling luxurrious I may add chopped or grated apple!!

23. pumpkinpie says

I love overnight oatmeal. If you microwave it, you will kill the live yogurt cultures.

24. Joan says

It looks yummy, and like something my boys would devour! But I wonder about eating raw grain–does this, er, affect your digestion in any adverse way?

25. says

I’ve been making a delicious freezer-friendly baked oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, but we’ll have to try this one. I actually have everything on hand, so we’ll give it a go in the morning. Bet my kids would love it!

26. says

This sounds like something I would eat for sure plus I always feel like I am leaving the house late so having this waiting for me in the fridge would be awesome. Thanks for sharing.

27. Emily says

@ Shelly: It doesn’t taste exactly like Oatmeal- more of a treat. I’ll have to test mine out to see if it can be heated a bit!

28. says

Now this is very different. I can’t imagine eating oatmeal cold though. Then again I am sure if you heated it the berries might not taste all that great. Cool idea though :)