Easter candy is hitting the shelves and I’ve been eyeing a few of my childhood favorites.
Cadbury eggs anyone?
My younger brother had an obsession with Peeps growing up and I would generously donate those out of my Easter basket to him. But in a Peep Brownie S’more?
Heck no! I’m not giving these away!
Actually, I want to put a disclaimer on this recipe. Bake and eat this at your own risk. This was not made for human consumption more than once a year. Seriously. I am not responsible for any weight gain (ha!)
These are super simple. First, you grease a 9×13 pan and line the bottom of the pan with Graham Crackers. Follow with your favorite Brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Chunk) and bake per your brownie box directions.
The next layer is (about seven) of your favorite candy bars. I used Hershey’s and Crunch bars. On top of those add your Peeps. Crank the oven up to 425 and pop the Brownie S’mores back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the Peeps get large and puffy.
Finish the S’mores off with another layer of graham crackers. If you think it needs a little more melting, pop them in the oven for a few more minutes.
And Voila! The perfect way to eat Peeps.
Peep Brownie S’mores
1 box of Graham Crackers
1 box Brownie Mix
Several boxes of peeps (about 21 peeps in all)
7 candy bars of your choice.
1. Grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Layer the bottom with graham crackers.
3. Make your brownies per the box’s directions and pour over the graham crackers. Bake at the box’s recommended baking time and heat.
4. Top with your candy bars.
5. Layer your Peeps over the candy bars and raise the oven temperature to 425. Bake about 5-10 minutes or until the Peeps are large and puffy.
6. Top with graham cracker squares and feel free to put the S’mores back in the oven to melt further.