I’m a sucker for a good Mexican restaurant. The perfect tortilla chips and salsa (and a big diet soda) will make me as happy as a clam. This Mexican-inspired dish is a bit health-ified from your typical greasy Mexican restaurant meals. The (baked) chicken is encrusted in Organic Tortilla chips and sits over Brown Rice and a Cheesy Broth.
I hope you enjoy!
Baked Tortilla Chicken over Brown Rice & Cheesy Broth
For the Chicken:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 cups crushed Tortilla Chips
1 egg + splash of milk
1 Tbls Oregano
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper
3 cups cooked rice
For the Cheesy Broth:
1 Tbls chopped garlic
1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
4 oz Velveeta®
(1) 10 oz. can Ro*tel®
1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
Additional Toppings: Salsa, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Avocado, Lime Juice
1. Preheat oven to 425. (I like to pound my chicken breasts if they are a bit thick.) Beat together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, add your crushed tortilla chips, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Dip your chicken in the egg mixture and then cover in the tortilla chip coating. Transfer to a baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray and repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
3. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking, boil your rice. Dice up your veggies and get the oil hot in a frying pan. Add the veggies and garlic and saute until tender. Add your chicken broth, Velveeta® and Ro*tel® and cook on low until combined.
5. When plating, first put your rice on the plate and surround with the cheesy broth. Add the chicken on top of the rice and top with your preferred toppings (A sprinkle of Lime Juice over the top delish on this).
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.