New Years is coming up and I wanted to share this appetizer that would be a perfect mini bite for entertaining. These cute little burgers with all of that cheesy goodness and a little spice kick can be dressed up to your liking. I was supposed to share the classic Queso Burger with you, but I just couldn’t resist putting these mini burgers on pretzel bread and adding a little bacon. Everything’s better with bacon, right?
Mini Queso Burgers
1-1/2 lb. ground sirloin
1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
12 hamburger buns (I like to use pretzel bread)
12 pieces leaf lettuce
1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices (for the minis, I use roma tomatoes)
- HEAT grill to medium heat.
- SHAPE meat into 12 patties.
- GRILL 3 minutes on each side or until done (160ºF).
- MEANWHILE, microwave VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 minutes or until VELVEETA® is completely melted, stirring after 3 minutes.
- COVER bottom halves of buns with lettuce, tomatoes and burgers. Top each burger with 1 Tbsp. VELVEETA® dip. Cover with tops of buns.
Aside from this husband and son approved burger recipe, VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® wanted me to share our dinnertime ritual with you. Our dinner isn’t at a set time, nor is it delicious homemade meals every night, but we do have one consistent dinner time ritual – prayer! No matter what we are eating or what time we are eating, prayer is important to us. What is your dinnertime ritual?
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.