You may have seen those cute little treats, cake pops, by Bakerella or Wilton. This newest fad is popping up all over the place and soon, if not already, you will be seeing them in your local bakery and at birthday parties. You too can make these cake pops for your own children’s birthday parties and special occasions. They really are quite simple, you first follow the basic cake pop recipe and follow the instructions on how to make a cake ball pop.
Below are my suggestions of the tools you will need to make fun cake pops!
Cake Pop Books
- Cake Pops by Bakerella
- Wilton Pops Sweets on a Stick Book
- Pop Bakery: 25 Cakes on Sticks and Other Tempting Delights
Cake Pop Supplies
- Cupcake POP Mold: Instead of shaping the cake balls with your hands or cookie cutters, these cupcake shaped cake pop molds make things easy and cute!
- Wilton Chocolate Pro Electric Melting Pot: This melting pot has a “melt” and “warm” switch to make sure you don’t overheat or your chocolate doesn’t harden.
- Wilton Round Brownie Pop Mold: You can bake the batter right into the mold!
- Styrofoam Blocks: I find these easier than any of the cake pop stands I have used.
- Lollipop Sticks
Cake Pop Decorations
- Assorted Nonpareils
- Food Decorator Pens
- Fondant in various colors
- Assorted Jimmies Sprinkles
- Candy Melts, Various Colors
- Edible Sugar Ladybugs and other fun decorations!