I was delighted to find out that Cook’s is based out of Nebraska- nationally known for our meat. Cook’s begins by slow-curing their bone-in hams with ingredients like pure cane sugar, honey, brown sugar and maple syrup. For the perfect finish, they smoke the hams with hickory wood. Cook’s is the nations leading brand in traditional and spiral sliced smoked bone-in ham, corned beef and smoked picnics. Here’s a fun recipe for Christmas!
Cook’s Ham Tortilla Christmas Tree
- 1 pound Leftover Cook’s Bone-In ham
- 6 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 1 cup Sliced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 6 (6-inch) spinach flour tortillas
- Slice ham into approximately 1/2″ wide strips.
- Spread an even, thin layer of cream cheese over the entire surface of the tortilla. Place two strips of ham side by side along the lower third of the tortilla, so that they extend from one end of the tortilla. Line both sides of the ham strips with two strips of red pepper, and then one slice of cheese each; six strips total. Fold tortilla edge over entire contents and roll tightly.
- Cut into 1″ pinwheels.
- Stack layers of pinwheels in rings one on top of another, decreasing the size of each ring until you reach the top of the tree.
- Dress your tree with cranberries, or star-shaped cutouts of red or yellow pepper.
With Christmas around the corner, make sure and find out of you have Cook’s products near you! Let’s get to the good part. One lucky reader will win a coupon to purchase up to a $30 Cook’s product! (That’s a pretty big ham!) If you have a small family, don’t worry- Cook’s has some great recipes for leftover ham. Giveaway has ended.