Apple Cider Cups

cidersmall

There’s something about this time of year that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. As the weather starts to turn colder, leaves change and fall and snow becomes a regular in the forecast… I like to curl under a blanket by the fire and read a good book or watch a movie with the family. With this season also comes slow cooked soups and stews and the hearty foods like meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I have found yet another way to make this season memorable. (I think it is very important to make special memories and traditions that your children will never forget).

Be forewarned this video tip is also a tip on how not to use a knife. I would recommend a smaller one that what I was using, don’t know what I was thinking!

** I believe the video is now fixed. For some reason, an effect in Windows Movie Maker made it stop at :30. I had to take all effects off… so this video is straight out of the camera. Nothing pretty!

Get the latest delicious goodness straight to your inbox!

Comments

1. marcy says

What a great idea. It is something I would have loved to do when the kids where young. Now I think I will do this & take to work to treat my co-workers! ♥

2. says

What an adorable idea! I have been experimenting with hot drinks this winter, including some hot apple cider and hot cranberry juice drinks. This little cup would be perfect to serve them in :) Thanks for sharing.

3. nicole karim says

I love your idea. At Great American Products they have a Cider Blend you make at home that is delish. I’m going to make this with my meatloaf burger and a nice salad it will be a great hit thanks.

4. Emily says

Hi Roxquita, The lemon juice is to prevent browning. You don’t want an ugly brown apple while sipping!

5. says

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

6. Roxquita says

Just a question: after the Lemon juice….? You put the Apple in the owen For a while? I couldn,t lisent …

7. Mary says

Ok, I’m an idiot. Just went and re-read the original post. Sorry, didn’t see where you said ‘should have used a smaller knife’

8. Mary says

Wonderful idea. I’m so trying it. Only thing, didn’t she have any smaller knives? Or even a melon baller.